Sunday, September 19, 2010

We'll be back after this message...

One week into the blog and I thought I would examine how this is all coming along.
So far so good I suppose.  I have managed to submit an entry every day this week and enjoyed doing so, meaning there is a good chance I will be able to keep this up.  Before I started I had a preconceived notion as to how it would play out.  I thought that I would be pointing out the humorous things that have happened in the world and would present my own “take” on them.  But this first week seems a little “preachy” for my liking. 
While the “Blogiverse” is supposed to be a place where you can share your opinions without concern, I want to hold myself to a little higher standard.  We get enough finger wagging and moral outrage from our media outlets, and frankly, we don’t need me joining the party. There is so much misery and pain in the world, is it necessary for me to add my anger and disappointment?
So with that said...I want to pause for a moment and share this with you.
I like you. (This is a big step for me because I used to hate “people”.)
I like you and all of the good that you have brought into the world. Whether you volunteer in your community, put your life on the line through your job, donate to charity, read a book to your child or just plain old go to your job every day and help keep this economy going.  What you are doing is important.
You probably don’t get the credit you deserve for doing all of this, so along with telling you that I like you... I want to thank you as well.  Your efforts are appreciated. 
Those of you who know me personally... thank you for helping make me the person that I am.  Thank you for the positive (and sometimes negative...hey I have to be honest) influences that you have brought into my world.  I want you to know that I am doing my very best to be a positive influence in your world and that if you need help and there is a means for me to do so, I will do all I can.
Which includes tormenting you into reading my blog at every opportunity...hey; this blog won’t read itself now, will it?

No comments:

Post a Comment