Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shameless...

This is really who I am in a nutshell.

All about letting people know what I am up to at all times whether they have an interest or not.

I make my Big Screen Debut as an actor this month at the Edmonton Film Festival, in the movie “Sure Shot Dombrowski 2, The Coaching Years”

Here’s the trailer


So… as you can probably guess this is a comedy that will make hockey movie connoisseurs hearken back to classics like “Slapshot!”, with a smaller budget and of course without the great, Paul Newman.  I have a miniscule role…I mean… I have a pivotal role in the film and the whole show couldn’t have been possible without my contribution.  (I may have been on for only about a minute and a half total time… but it’s a KEY minute and a half… plus it’s a speaking role so.)

A friend of mine recommended me to the Director when they were looking for the character I play (which after you get a chance to see the movie I am not sure if I should thank him or go punch him in the arm).

I have always enjoyed acting.  A small part of me thought that it was because I got a chance to play characters that were far more interesting than me.  However, what it really is all about is my love of telling stories and entertaining people.  

I’ve had a chance to play a number of roles; the most memorable for me was that of Jonathon Brewster in the comedy classic “Arsenic and Old Lace”.  There is something that about playing a serial killing homicidal maniac that is very liberating.  Best part of the whole experience was making the crowd hate me so much on the final night… that they actually BOOED me among the clapping during the curtain call.  Awesome!

There are many things in my life that I am thankful for and very often there come times where you wish maybe you could have done a few things over, or taken a different path.

Being on stage (and ESPECIALLY being in front of the camera) makes me think that perhaps I could have been a successful actor if I had chosen to do so.  It’s quite a rush to get into character and hear the laughter.  That being said… the term starving actor/starving artist wasn’t created for nothing now was it?

Anyway, if you get the chance, or would like to see my debut in the most important movie role I have ever been a part of… here are the dates and times.  Also it will be available in DVD for those out of country lovers of small budget hockey movies.


Screening Dates
Oct. 2 - Edmonton International Film Festival; Empire Cinema City Center
Oct. 4-7 - Globe Cinema Calgary, AB
Oct. 8 - Jan Cinema Grand Prarie, AB
Oct. 8 - Grande Cinema, Kelowna, BC
Oct. 13 - St. Mary's Theatre,  Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Oct. 17, 18  Metro Cinema, Edmonton, Alberta
Oct. 21 Roxy Theatre, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Nov 10 - Atlantic Cinema, Woodstock New Brunswick
Dec. 9 & 10 RPL Theatre, Regina, Saskatchewan


If you like the flick and thought I was amazing in the show… then by all means, feel free to shower me with the praise and adulation I so richly deserve.  If it wasn’t your cup of tea, then…feel free to shower me with the praise and adulation I so richly deserve.

My only concerns now… developing my IMBd file and Paparazzi.

No comments:

Post a Comment