Saturday, October 30, 2010

Finally... A Hit!

Ok... so in looking at the grand scheme of things, perhaps...just perhaps... I have chosen the wrong vocation in life.

After being without a computer for over 8 days...8 of the longest, most excrutiating days of my life...I have decided that I need to get my ass into an adult learning centre that that will teach me some computer skills (Chicks dig guys with skills!) so I don't have to rely on the GEEKSQUAD to restore my damn computer the next time it blows up! (And with my luck.. make no mistake... it WILL blow up)

Thankfully I was able to utilize my BlackBerry for the most important tasks... instant messaging my Pixie, Facebook updates, YouTube video watching, Carolina Hurricane score updates... but I was unable to complete my duties as a responsible blogger.  So many issues have gone undiscussed...

1) My consumption of the Double Down from KFC and how my arteries did NOT clog instantaneously
2) World Series picks (I say San Fran in 6...any team that can knock out Doc is good enough for me)
3) Confusion about people of Faith (Facebook discussion handled this pretty well though)
4) Ridiculous expectations of Edmonton Oiler fans on their young stars (Seriously people...get a grip and stop bitching that they aren't scoring a hat trick a night...sheesh)
5) Playstation Move... yes it is THAT AWESOME!
6) My anger at GEEKSQUAD for witholding my laptop for an inordinate amount of time (even though I did get it within the 5 to 10 days they promised... I WANTED IT YESTERDAY DAMN IT!)
7) THE GAME & THE BET (Canes vs Leafs...Dec 28th, ACC in Toronto...IT'S GO TIME!)

I may still do these as individual postings as some of them are not affected by the passing of time since I had my laptop...but there are always new things to discuss...so they all may yet fall by the wayside.

In the meantime... I better look up that Adult Learning Centre phone number and book myself in for that course...I don't think I could go through all this again.

So THIS is what it's like to be an addict...

No comments:

Post a Comment