Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A special announcement...

I admit it.
This is a very cheap and sneaky way of getting folks to check out my blog.  Sue me.
It seems my work career has come full circle of sorts as I am returning to a position I held long ago at the start of my career in radio.
This morning I was given the news/sports anchor position at CFOK in Westlock.  It’s a position I held for 8 years and had moved on from to try hosting the morning show for a couple years.  The last 3 years I have been in sales, a position I took for financial reasons and while I enjoyed learning yet another aspect of the medium, my heart and passion have always been in the on air aspect.  It is something that I missed from the moment I stopped doing it and looked for every chance I could to stay involved in it.  Whether it was voicing commercials or co-hosting the morning show for a break or two.
While I am “starting over” in a sense and am technically no further along in my career than I was 7 years ago, I look at this as a wonderful opportunity for me.  Think about it.  You ever wish that you had a chance to do it over again so you could do it a little different?  So that you could take advantage of the knowledge and maturity you have gained over the years? 
This is exactly the opportunity I have now...and I certainly have no intention of wasting it.  Staying in touch with the community and informing the public about important information they need to know to get through their days...like I said...It's my passion.
First shift is set up for this Monday (I have a few loose ends to tie up over the next week or two) so I have a few days to prepare.
I’m excited and thankful for opportunity.
The more things change... the more they stay the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment