Monday, August 12, 2013

Writer's Blockhead

So after spending the last hour and a half writing, erasing, writing, erasing blog entries; I have realized exactly why I haven't posted an entry for the past 18 and a half months.

I have absolutely nothing to say.

Now before you quickly click away (say that 5 times fast) from this site and go back to watching YouTube videos of a cat wearing a shark suit riding a roomba chasing a duck , give me a chance to explain myself.

I started to write a post about my weekend playing ball and how sore I am now.  How I played horribly and came to the realization that time has caught up to me and I am not the player I once was.

Then I thought...That is pathetic.  Why am I complaining about something that everyone faces at some point in their lives?  It's not like I am going to come up with some new idea that will help myself and others deal with aging. 

So I erased that self-serving garbage and started to write about how weird it was to find myself feeling "unexplained anger".  How, out of nowhere and with nothing to incite me,  I was really upset and wanted to yell at everyone about everything today.

Then I thought to myself... do I want to share this clearly unusual feeling with the entire world.  Do I want people to think of me as some weirdo who is on the edge of snapping?

Since some of you already know that is who I am... writing it out would only be repetitive, and there is no room for repetition in a blog. 

Simply no room for repetition.

Then I thought...why not write about something important like the fundraising efforts that are going on in Calgary to help the victims of the flooding in Southern Alberta.  Like Alberta Flood Aid !

Of course, that would mean I would have to talk about Nickelback, and I couldn't bring myself to do it. (I kid... I kid.  Kinda.  Many great artists and lots of people are working together to help those who have lost so much.  Please do what you can to help out... and enjoy what is sure to be a great concert. Seriously... GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!)

So there it is... I've stepped back into the blog world.

A very tiny ripple into the ocean of information (hard to believe, considering just how large I am.  But I will save my weight issues for another entry...another day).

Hope this one doesn't stop you from coming back here in the future.  For those of you who haven't seen my previous entries... take some time and check 'em out.  They'll either give you an inside look at the man... the MYSTERY that IS Raymond; or they will change your thoughts on whether everyone deserves the right to free speech.

Next one will be better... I promise...

I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment